Tuesday, May 13, 2014

This is a test.

Why would I create a blog now?

That is a great question. I feel I have an obligation to share. I do not keep a diary. I do not post very often on Facebook or any other social media, and when I do the content is rarely anything personal. I am very bad at keeping in contact with friends and family that are at a distance, so there is effectively very little history of my life other than what is in my own mind. I have no record of my thoughts, and being on the brink of fatherhood and possibly an expansion of my career, it will be important for me to look back in retrospect and see how impossibly wrong I was. I may get a few things right, but I can guarantee that I will read some of my posts a few years from now and call my self a fool.

I want to write a blog that will cultivate the mind, wet the system, and keep things lubed and working smoothly, even if it is only my personal machine. I hope that I can entertain or educate others as well.

Why would anyone read what I write?

I think I am well spoken, and I have something interesting to say. The only way anyone can prove me wrong is to read.

What will I write about?

I will mainly stick to what I am good at and maybe a little of what I am really bad at. 

I am an engineer in a nanotechnology position. This is possibly, minus a few biological topics, the most interesting field in science and industry at the moment. 

I am a video gamer. I like to compete with others and myself. The video gamer tag is very broad so I will throw out some more detail. My favorite games are the Souls franchise, DOTA2, Final Fantasy Tactics, Pikmin, Super Smash Bros. Melee (and Project M), Bastion, and Bioshock franchise.

I am also a board gamer. I enjoy social/deception games like Are You a Werewolf?, The Resistance and Two Rooms and a Boom. I also love "Eurogames" like Caverna, Terra Mystica, Puerto Rico and so on.

I love to teach. I am trying to expand my career into STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) outreach. I want to spread my passion for engineering to students, especially at the middle school and elementary school level.

Finally, I will soon be a father of a beautiful baby daughter, and I plan to write about all the trials that come along with fatherhood.

2 comments:

  1. STEM outreach sounds like a wonderful thing! Helping young students become excited about things you have a passion for. And I can't wait to read about the trials of fatherhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either, that August due date is getting so close now. We'll have a cuddly little Ana Leigh. :3

      Delete